.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

tArA nIcHoLe'S kNiTTiNg BaG

Yet another one of those darn knitting blogs...

Monday, October 17, 2005

SocktoberFest



I'm a member of SocktoberFest 2005!!!! (Click the link on sidebar to check it out). I cast on for my first pair of socks today but I think I need smaller needles. I used a four on Plymouth Yarn's Sockotta (not the color shown... color number 15). I should have known better, it says to use size 2 needles in the label but for some reason I thought I could get away with a four since I already had them. Nope... I didn't like how loose it was (I was like... 1/2 inch into them). I will stop at the craft store again (SP they are STILL sold out of size 11 needles! Sheesh! I'm soooo lucky to have you!) and get size 2 dpns so I can be an active participant in the socktoberfest celebration! he he he. I also bought the book you see there. There are some really really really cute sockies in there! For those of you that may have this book, I'm starting off with pattern number 5, Autumn Leaves, except I don't plan on folding the cuff down. There are also some Angel socks in there that I want to eventually make for my little angels. They love cute socks! i don't know why I didn't think to make them socks before... DUH!!! ha ha...

Got some more progress done on Branching out. I'm probably 60% done now. I love it but I'm getting startitis and I haven't been working on it for more than a few days. Maybe it's just sockitis... that's probably it!

2 Comments:

At 6:30 PM, Blogger tara said...

hi! My name is Tara,too! Saw you on Lolly's Socktoberfest list and wanted to say-Hi! I got Socks, Socks, Socks from the library and made the False Flame socks in one color and really like them!

 
At 6:55 PM, Blogger mamma said...

Tara,

My Mother has stage 4 breast cancer. On tuesdays I take her for her chemo therapy. I must admit I kinda like going. I get to talk to my Mom one-on-one. My best friend watches my children, so I don't have any children to watch. I get to knit while she is getting her medicine, and a nice volunteer always brings me hot chocolate and a brownie. Take away the part where they pump my Mother full of toxins and it's my favorite day of the week.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home