.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

tArA nIcHoLe'S kNiTTiNg BaG

Yet another one of those darn knitting blogs...

Friday, November 04, 2005

Busy Busy week for this girl... and stressful too...

So .... this week has been the week from hell. I had to register for classes and had a big exam on Wednesday... I mean BIG exam. I failed the last exam and so if I were to fail this one, oof... I'd have to work REALLY hard to keep my grade above a C. Well... So Tuesday I studied like there was no tomorrow... Studied all my notes, reread the chapters and looked over pathways a little bit (this was for nutritional biochemistry). Get to the test... we were given a few blank sheets of paper and were told a scenario and we had to demonstrate (by writing out the pathway) of say... how we maintain blood glucose levels during a fast. Easy to explain... hard to show all the enzymes and chemical structures, without memorizing and such... There's no way I got more than 15 points because I chose to understand the material rather than simply memorize stupid pathways. So... guess what? I changed my major and withdrew from the course.

Yep... I'm no longer a dietetics major but a psychology major. I'll still have chemistry to know (by god do i hate chemistry), but it will only be one orgain instead of all of them. I feel so much better about myself now that I'm out of that god-awful, taught by the daughter of the devil , biochemistry course.

I also had to miss Halloween this week. Since it was on a Monday, I didn't have time to get home (3 hour drive) for the Halloween party that Callie and Taylor go to every year. Joey (Callie and Taylor's dad) didn't have class that day (he's going to grad school for occupational therapy) so he was able to take them. They were both Dorothy from the Wizard of Oz and they tied for 3rd place in the judging! Yay!!!! They were also on the front page of the paper! And they were quoted!!! Callie said that she likes the candy, and Taylor said she likes dressing up. My mom hasn't sent me pictures yet so i won't have any until this weekend.

I've been apartment hunting this week. I looked at one yesterday and fell in love with this layout:
I just want to move in now! It has a breakfast bar, pantry, full size washer and dryer, dishwasher, garbage disposal, and free garage. It has a playground, is secluded, in a middle class nice neighborhood and is about 3-4 blocks from an elementary school. And yes, most units have a fireplace!!! I have to go back in January to fill out the forms and whatnot ( I won't be moving until May 15).

Ok... so I was feverishly knitting the last two nights trying to get Jake's little present finished before deer opener this weekend. THis is what I came up with:
It's a Willie Warmer!!!! I used this pattern as a template. It's bigger than it looks in the picture and I didn't have time to put string around it but Jake got a big kick out of it! Some of the directions were confusing to me (the gusset part with picking up stitches) so I kind of made it up after I got confused... It worked out just fine!

3 Comments:

At 10:01 PM, Blogger ~Jo~ said...

Sorry to hear about your exam but you ROCK!!! I bet your boyfriend is keeping warm in his willy warmer. LOL! ;)

 
At 9:37 AM, Blogger mamma said...

I love the willie warmer. Must make one for my dh for deer season this year (gun, not bow, he's old school)
Love the apartment layout. Looks like a great place to live.

 
At 6:17 AM, Blogger Amanda said...

lol that is soo great! Love it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home