.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

tArA nIcHoLe'S kNiTTiNg BaG

Yet another one of those darn knitting blogs...

Friday, November 11, 2005

Progress update and SP gift!!!!!!!!!!

So Tuesday was a good day for me. I officially dropped biochem with one last hur-rah with the cholesterol lab poster session. I rocked at it (probably because I wasn't nervous about the grade I got on the presentation.) After the poster session we got our exams back (the one that I KNEW that I failed). There was a possibility to get 130 points, but it was only out of 100. I got a 6 (six). Ha ha... so... probably a good thing that I dropped that god-awful class.

After that, I went to check my mail and I had a cute little white box from my SP!!! This is what I got:

I got a 365 knitting stitch a day calendar, a set of size 11 dpn (that I needed to start the skacel ad sweater), a GORGEOUS hand beaded row counter in purple and white, candy for the kidlets (like they need more after halloween... ha!) and an awesome ball of rowan kidsilk haze to make another branching out.. for me!!! I've never touched such fancy yarn! It's going to feel so nice and soft around my neck!

WHen I was opening up the calendar, I was really excited cause I wanted it for a long long time ( since last christmas or so) that I got a nasty nasty papercut that actually needed a bandaid to heal!!! Since I'm a momma of two lil girls of COURSE I have cute bandaids around (and since it's kind of a funny story how I got wounded) I thought I'd take a picture of my bandaged wound. I thought about photographing it while it was still bleeding like a mofo but... I'll spare you!

We have lots of Hello Kitty in our house (well... not lots compared to some people...) but my favorite is the Hello Kitty soap I picked up at target. It's got glitter in it and it makes our sink sparkle! ha ha ... just ignore the dried up toothpaste and we'll call it good...

On to the knitting progress:

So I broke down and went to buy the yarn to make the giraffe sweater and ended up realizing that the store had a 30% coupon in its flyer!!! So I grabbed the coupon and bought not only the yarn, but Loop-d-Loop too! It was about the same price that it was on KnitPicks but... I got some major instant gratification. I was lucky enough at the store that they had the color in Wool Ease that I wanted for this sweater. I had picked out a dusty rose type color online. I needed 6 balls (hopefully that's all I need) at 2.99 = great deal on a sweater! Here's the progress pic:

I'm about 8" into it. Knitting it on size 8 needles. It's just a ribbed pattern so that's all I got to say about it for now!

Next we have a finished object. Well ok... literally half of a finished ohject:

I used this tutorial as a pattern but chose to do the standard decreases for the toe because of the holes that the sherman heel technique creates. I like the holes in this sock because it's pretty plain so the holes kind of look lik lace and are an added "design element" (he he he)

These socks are knit from Knit Picks Pallette in petal (which wasn't the color I expected it to be... I had ordered merino style earlier in petal and I thought that the pallette would be more pale pink similar to the merino style but instead it's more corally pink...oh well.. I'll live). It's knit on size one dpns with a knit 3 purl 2 rib.

Next is the Waverly Cardigan. Seems I forgot to mention where this baby is from! Knit N Stlye December 2004 I believe.
I don't buy this magazine anymore cause I think their patterns are kind of cheesy and use way too much novelty yarns but at least one good (normal) pattern came out of it right? I'm knitting it out of Knit picks essential in burgundy. It's going a lot faster now because I have the pattern memorized and I've been using my handy dandy beaded row counter to help me keep track of where I am!

For a close up of the stitch definition check out the previous post.


I also got a package today that was totally unexpected! I got this:

It was for some sort of promotion back in August that you just signed up to receive a free ball of Bernat Disco. I got a brown ball, a mary maxim catalog, and some free patterns. I don't know what the hell I'm going to do with this yarn except make maybe a fuzzy brown disco scarf??? i dunno... I just wanted something for free!!!

On some unknitting related content... I've been in touch with the school district here and found out that there is half day and full day kindergarten! To go full day it costs a little bit but with my income being so low as a college student, this fee will be SOOOOOOO much cheaper than day care! Hopefully they will get in, though it shouldn't be a problem!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home