.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

tArA nIcHoLe'S kNiTTiNg BaG

Yet another one of those darn knitting blogs...

Monday, December 19, 2005

Happy Birthday to ME!!!!!

I don't have a whole lot of time to post but thought that I should quick. I got spoiled by my parents for my (22nd) birthday. They bought me;
  • new set of snow tires (that ROCK!!! I can't skid if I try!)
  • wool pea-coat from Old Navy
  • bagless vacuum cleaner from Eureka
  • $50 that I just spent last night at Aeropostale on a pair of jeans, a long sleeve tee, and a polo
Callie and Taylor got me (among many many MANY handmade cards and whatnot) Vicki Howell's book, New Knits on the Block. Ok, ok... so I really just picked it up that morning at Barnes and Noble on my way outta town cause it was on sale for 20% off and said that they bought it for my birthday. However... had they been with... they totally would have approved! Callie desperately wants the mermaid costume!

Jake bought me a charm bracelet with a charm on it that is a mini butterfly box and inside is a note that says "You are beautiful." It would have been a lot cooler if it would have said "Will you marry me?" instead but we'll not go there....! :) He also bought me a pair of "choppers" because the mittens I had were just not keeping the fingers all too warm while waiting to catch the bus to go to class. 20 degrees below zero with windchill was a little bit beyond the capabilities of my knit ones.

My friend Jolene got me a blanket with the Norwegian Snowflake motif knit into it. Her boyfriend's mom works at the Bemidji Woolen Mills which is where she got it!! I hope to have pictures up of all my gifts within the next couple of days. I'm just feeling a little lazy to dig stuff out.

Well... Saturday night was Callie and Taylor's Gymnastics holiday show. They were so so so cute!!!! At the end of their little performance, they all got medals! My mom has pics of them with their medals on but I only have pics of them before the show.
Here we are watching the first half of the show (their class ... the ADVANCED preschool class ;) started off the second half) [Taylor, Callie, Mommy]
And here they are backstage right before they went on in their fancy schmancy brand new hot pink leos (that we had to pay ($32 each for!!!) GRGA is the name of the gym that they practice at. They've been going there for a little over 2 years now. [Callie, Taylor]:
I tried to get pictures of them during their performance but they all turned out blurry and really really dark. If any of you out there are also gym rat mommies this is what they did:
Bars:
  • pullover
  • 3 casts
  • another pullover
  • (then they rolled forward off the bar... not sure what it's called)
Floor:
  • cartwheel
  • forward roll
Beam:
  • Forward roll (with spotter of course)
  • High kicks
What was really funny was when Level 5 (roughly 4th -6th graders...???) were up and they were taking turns doing tumbling passes (like roundoff backhandspring back tucks) Callie says... "They do that with no help!? All by themselves??" It was cute.

During the show Patrick (the head coach/gym owner's husband) called off some ticket numbers for prizes witht he gym's logo on them. Joey (cal and tay's dad) won a sweatshirt! He had to leave early so he gave the winning ticket to me. He said he probably wouldn't wear it so I get to keep it! I had to order an adult size, since they only brought up to adult small but when it comes in I'm going to have "Callie and Taylor's Mom" embroidered on the back.

Anywhos... I've got to get packing and whatnot.. going home for a few days. I'm picking cal and tay up from nursery school tomorrow and they don't know I'm diong it. I love surprising them!

ps... FINALS ARE DONE FINALS ARE DONE FINALS ARE DONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 Comments:

At 5:26 AM, Blogger amylovie said...

Happy birthday Tara! It sounds like you had a wonderful day. My girls are crazy about the mermaid costume too.

Congrats on finishing the semester. I remember what a relief that is.

Amy

 
At 10:14 AM, Blogger Jennifer said...

Happy Birthday! Sounds like you were spoiled by your loved ones.

What two cuties you have there.

Whew! Congrats on making it through finals.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home