.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

tArA nIcHoLe'S kNiTTiNg BaG

Yet another one of those darn knitting blogs...

Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Still Here.... Still Knitting

I'm still alive! I just haven't felt like taking pictures and blogging and all that good stuff... Too much shopping wears a girl out!

Anyway... I ended up finishing all but the Waverly Cardigan in time for Christmas. I knew that I wouldn't finish it unless I really kicked it into high gear... and I was just too lazy . So I bought my mom a quilting book with funny stories in it, similar to the ones that the Yarn Harlot writes. I'll finish it in time for her to receive as a Mothers' Day gift. She wouldn't be able to wear it until then anyway since it's lacy and we live in minnesota.

Suprisingly... I didn't get a whole lot of knitting stuff. I got Knitting Over the Edge, and a few pairs of bamboo circs. I did get a whole slew of giftcards to use on stuff for the new apartment and an Ipod mini so.... i don't have much to complain about!

Speaking of the new apartment... Jake made it official... he's going to live with us next year!!!!

Callie and Taylor's dad has been putting up a stink about the babies living with me. He claims it's not good for kids to move so often (they'd start kindergarten in the fall and then more than likely we would move againt he following summer). Whatever joe... the younger you move a child the better... I went to two different schools for kindergarten and then yet another school for 1st grade... I barely remember that time and it did not affect me at all. And then he says that its not fair to him either. Whatever joe... you are hardly ever home as it is. You are the visiting parent and you've never had them more than a few days at a time... They WANT to live with me. My mom is behind me on this one and will stick up for me, which is huge because my mom has always been the one to tell me to back down and just kind of let joey and his family have their way (their last name... holidays... no child support... etc.) "Don't burn your bridges" is what she's always said. So... basically I feel like I've been Joey's doormat for the last 5 years.

I'm getting cranky just writing all this stuff out... rar... I gotta go do some stress knitting.

3 Comments:

At 2:45 PM, Blogger Jennifer said...

I hope things smooth out for you with your kidlets' father. Hashing all that stuff out can be very stressful.

 
At 6:55 PM, Blogger amylovie said...

Heck, if he doesn't give you any child support, he doesn't have a say in my opionion.

Amy

 
At 7:33 PM, Blogger mamma said...

It must be such a difficult situation. Everyone has a topic that really pushes their buttons and child support is one of my buttons. I can't for the life of me imagine why your Mom would tell you not to demand child support. It is the very least you are entitled to, and if Joey can't be bothered to pay it, regardless of any other financial arrangements you may have with him, he can not realistically expect to have a say in the future of your children. Sorry for the mini-rant. Like it said, it's one of my hot buttons. Don't even get me started on people who don't pick up after their dogs :)

Your new apartment sounds exciting. Is that the one you had the floor plan of on your blog?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home