.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

tArA nIcHoLe'S kNiTTiNg BaG

Yet another one of those darn knitting blogs...

Thursday, February 02, 2006

NewsFlash: Cell Phones do not like water!

So... I had my cell phone in my front pocket of my sweatshirt on Sunday night. I took it off cause I got hot and through it on the floor. A few hours later I decided to do a load of laundry - some reds. Well, the sweatshirt I had been wearing that day was burgundy so I grabbed it and trhew it in with the others. I think you can pretty much deduce what happened from there!!!! Since I'm not far enough into my contract to get a discount on a new phone... I had to pay full price. The cheapest one that they had at Best Buy was still $150. I didn't want to get one from Ebay... i don't like spending more than $20 on stuff from there cause I don't always trust the sellers. Since I knew I would end up spending a crapton of money, I decided I might as well get my money's worth. This is the phone that I bought:
It's the Palm Treo 700w. They didn't even have it on display yet at Best Buy. I definately have the newest baddest cell phone/digital camera/mp3 player/ PDA around! Don't bother trying to look up how much I spent on this puppy because I don't want to be held liable for heart attacks and the like. Trust me... you REALLY don't want to know!!!!! One thing I'm not used to is the phone's size. It looks like I'm talking on and old ghetto phone (see right). That photo was actually taken in a mirror with the camera on the phone. The camera is 1.3 megapixels so it's pretty good for being a cell phone! The only place I ever took it was to work. I haven't taken it to class or anywhere else because I don't want to drop it or what have ya. Kind of defeats the purpose of having a cell phone if I never take it anywhere right? Ha ha. Given my current track record with cell phones (one was dropped at a street dance and found in pieces later, one was dropped in the street while drunk and found later run over, and the last one was sent through the washer... all within about 3 years) I'm going to put insurance on this baby. So... If I wreck it, I can get it replaced for about... $50 or so.

Lest you think I have forgotten that this is a knitting blog I will leave you with this. It is going to be the turtleneck shrug from ScarfStyle. The wool is hot pink and is Brown Sheep Lamb's Pride. I started it at work on Monday January 23rd. I would have had it done by now but my professors think that we don't have lives and like to assign big projects (ok... big as in 3 page papers) due at the next class. Plus one of my professors likes to pile on an ungodly amount of reading and we have a mini assignment that she sends via email each time we meet. Sometimes... I just don't check the damn email! ok I need to stop before I blow a gasket.
Here is my Turtleneck Shrug in all her glory:

Remember that she is hot pink (I think the actual color is lotus pink or something like that). The bottom sleeve is done... she's just on a needle as a stitch holder. The sleeve itself is 22" long plus the little shoulder shaping part. Once the second sleeve is done I will pick up stitches and the ones on the holder and knit the turtleneck in the round. i give it maybe another 6 hours of work as a maximum.

1 Comments:

At 6:27 AM, Blogger amylovie said...

Sweet phone! I have yarn in the stash to do the turtleneck sweater too. It is such a neat looking project.

Amy

 

Post a Comment

<< Home